What is QNMU LegalPlus?
For all non-work related matters, including wills, family law and personal injury claims, QNMU members have access toQNMU LegalPlus. QNMU LegalPlus is a benefit of your QNMU membership, providing financial QNMU members and their immediate family with access to free and discounted legal services, making legal services more accessible and affordable.
For employment related matters contact Member Connect or complete a Member Request for Representation form.
QNMU LegalPlus provides financial members and their families with:
- one free, 60-minute initial consultation* with a lawyer to provide advice to on a legal issue.
- a free basic will service.
- discounted legal fees should the member retain the firm to represent them if their legal issue cannot be resolved in the initial free consultation.
QNMU LegalPlus gives financial members access to expert lawyers in the areas of:
Personal injury law, including:
- work injury claims
- motor vehicle claims
- public and product liability claims
- medical negligence claims
- asbestos claims
- disability insurance and superannuation claims
- acquired/traumatic brain injury.
Family law, including:
- parenting matters
- property settlement
- financial agreements
- same-sex relationships
- domestic violence
- child support
- consent orders
- de facto law
- family provision applications.
Wills and estate matters, including:
- estate administration—applications for probate, letters of administration, transmission of title applications
- advising on and drafting of wills, enduring powers of attorney, powers of attorney, advanced health directives
- estate planning
Property law, including house/unit sales and purchases
How do I access QNMU LegalPlus?
If you need to access the QNMU LegalPlus service, complete the QNMU LegalPlus Referral Form. The request will then be forwarded to the appropriate law firm that specialises in your issue. You will then be contacted within 48 hours*.