Aged care day of action - 1 March
The Aged Care Royal Commission’s final report will mean nothing unless the Morrison Federal Government commits to act on its recommendations.
Join our day of action on Monday 1 March to ensure our federal politicians realise aged care is an issue all Australians care about.
On the day, you can:
- Attend a local event
- Call your local MP/Senator
- Spread the word on Facebook
Attend an event or call your MP/Senator
The QNMU is organising events outside federal MP/Senators' offices. Join us from 10am (Mackay event to start at 11am) as we ask our politicians to sign our campaign pledge. If you can't attend, you can give them a call on the day using the numbers below:
- Warren Entsch (Cairns) - 200 Mulgrave Road, Cairns (call on the day - 07 4051 2220)
Please note: The Cairns event has been postponed due to bad weather. We will notify registrants of a new date and time for the event in due course.
- George Christensen (Mackay - from 11am) - 2/21 Milton Street, Mackay (call on the day - 07 4944 0662)
- Michelle Landry and Matthew Canavan (Rockhampton) – 3/71-73 Denham Street, Rockhampton
- Call Michelle Landry on the day – 07 4922 6604
- Call Matthew Canavan on the day – 07 4927 2003
- Terry Young (Caboolture) - 69 King Street, Caboolture (call on the day - 07 5432 3177)
- Jim Chalmers (Logan) – Logan Central Plaza, Wembley Road, Logan Central (call on the day - 07 3299 5910)
- Shayne Neumann (Ipswich) - 2 The Terrace, North Ipswich (call on the day - 07 3201 5300)
- Trevor Evans (Albion) - 349 Sandgate Road, Albion (call on the day - 07 3862 4044)
Let us know you’ll help out by completing this form (we’ll be in touch closer to the day of action).
Every member of parliament is responsible for fixing the crisis in aged care, but we’re focusing our attention on the above politicians for now, as their voices are crucial in moving the federal government to act. However, if you would like to help organise an event outside your local MP’s office, let us know by emailing email@example.com
Spread the word on Facebook
If you can't attend an event or make a call, you can help us spread the word on Facebook that the time has come for the federal government to fix aged care. Simply head to the QNMU Facebook page on 1 March to share our graphic.
This pandemic has made you worried about your job - let’s make our federal politicians worry about theirs too.