The Queensland Nurses and Midwives’ Union of Employees (QNMU) recognises the importance of privacy and is committed to protecting the privacy of individuals when handling their personal information.
This Collection Notice explains why we are collecting the personal information and describes the bodies and persons to which we usually disclose such information.
2. Why we collect the personal information
We collect the personal information requested for the purpose of promoting and defending the industrial, professional, social, political and democratic values and interests of members and also to achieve our vision of a health system that supports the efforts of nurses and midwives in providing high quality health care.
3. Consequences of not providing the personal information
Where you do not provide us with all or some of the personal information requested then we may not be able to provide you with information and advice relevant to you and your work.
Where you are a member of the community, if you do not provide us with all or some of the personal information requested then we may not be able to keep you informed and seek your support in order to achieve our vision of a health system that supports the efforts of nurses and midwives in providing high quality health care.
4. Our usual disclosures of the personal information
In very limited circumstances, we disclose the kind of personal information requested to third parties which include our mailing house, to send you QNMU publications and materials such as the QNMU ’s journal; our document scanning provider, which scans member application forms and member direct debit banking forms for filing on the QNMU ’s own systems; and our website provider, which enables members to log on to the members’ only section of the QNMU website.
Where personal information is disclosed to third parties, these third parties have confirmed they comply with current privacy provisions.
- how you may access and seek the correction of any of your personal information that we hold;
- how you may complain about a breach of the Australian Privacy Principles contained in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) in respect of our handling of any of your personal information; and
- how we will deal with any such complaint about our handling of your personal information.
5. Our contact details
If you have any queries about our handling of personal information, please contact the QNMU using the contact details below:
Queensland Nurses and Midwives’ Union
Phone: 07 3840 1444
Email: [email protected]
Address: GPO Box 1289, Brisbane Q 4001