Nurses and midwives are up for the challenge
We've officially launched the next phase of our Ratios Save Lives and Money campaign - Strengthening and Expanding the Care Guarantee.
Our key asks include:
- Further refine and expand legislated minimum ratios in the public sector
- Further improve application and compliance with the Business Planning Framework (BPF) in the public sector
- Mandate minimum ratios in the private and private aged care sector
- Refine and expand legislated public reporting of safety and quality performance to include indicators specific to nursing and midwifery in public, private and aged care sectors, and
- Mandate minimum positive practice environment standards in public, private and aged care sectors.
Positive Practice Environment Standards for Nursing and Midwifery
We know current legislated ratios in Queensland Health facilities have worked best in areas where a positive practice environment exists.
As part of the next phase of the QNMU’s Ratios Save Lives and Money
campaign, nurses and midwives are seeking to mandate minimum positive practice environment standards across all nursing and midwifery services.
Find out more